- This event has passed.
Community build night and open house – FREE and open to everyone
July 14 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Every Friday is hangout and open house night at the Makerspace! Kick off your weekend by checking out what’s new at the space, hanging out and eating with friends, learning about what everyone is working on, and working on your own projects.
If you’re interested in the makerspace but don’t know how you’ll use it, this is your event. You’ll see what we’re building, and maybe even learn how we built it.
If you have a work in progress, bring it in! There may be members here who can help you and you’re welcome to use any tools you’re checked out on (some tools require a safety class) or a member may be able to work with you. This is our way to give back to the community and invite new people to come hang out with us!
No project? No problem! Everyone is welcome. There is no schedule, no speakers, and no pressure.
For members and non-members:
This is an evening for hanging out and problem solving – for talking about project details, collaboration and socialization. Are you building a power wheels racer and can’t figure out the drive mechanism? Do you need one-on-one help with your Arduino project? Are you unsure what technique is best for forming PVC for your 20′ geodesic dome?
We may not know all the answers, but we can help you figure it out.
We will order food (pizza, takeout, etc..) so if you don’t have other dinner plans, you’re welcome to chip in on whatever we’re getting. We will also have drinks available in the fridge for a small donation as well. Feel free to bring your favorite beverage to share, adult or otherwise.
Make Nashville members sew clothes and costumes, create art, repair motorcycles, create furniture, make pottery, do leatherwork, knit, and many other things that have nothing to do with programming or electronics (although we do that, too, including prototyping, robotics and drones).
All kinds of makers and creatives use Make Nashville, and so should you!
• Some tools require a safety class before you can use them. Sign up at http://makenashville.eventbrite.com
• There’s no guarantee that someone can or will help you with a project. If you post a comment below ahead of time, a member may show up to help you.
• Visitors may not use the laser, CNC machine, 3D printers, power tools, or other members-only equipment or materials during this event without the help of a member.
• The event ends at 9 PM. While we might stay later, we’ll probably kick you out instead. Show up on time!
• Some tools and projects are dangerous. Participate at your own risk. Participants younger than 18 must be supervised at all times. You are responsible for any projects, tools, facilities, or people you damage.
• Tools, power, and workbench space are first-come first-served.
Credit where credit is due: Some parts of this description were enhanced by snippets from a similar event held by Fat Cat Fab Lab in NYC. They’re a great hackerspace and great people!