We hope you have been well during these past few months and are excited to begin reopening the makerspace to you once again. As we prepare to get things back to “normal”, Make is implementing to the following safety protocols in an effort to reduce health risks for members, staff, and visitors to our space:
|Scheduling Time: |
Until we are back to operating as normal, capacity for Make will be capped at 25—this includes both members and their guests. This link will be available on the Make website and the number of folks permitted in each area will be limited to adhere to CDC Social Distancing guidelines. When your time is up, please leave the space so that the next member is offered the same access to the social distancing measures that you experienced.
Sign up for time HERE.
Guests are capped at one per member until further notice. Members may bring in one guest with them while they are at Make. Members must sign their guest in via Calendly when reserving time in Make.
This is to maintain the 25 person safety cap.
Please remember to continue having guests sign the waiver at the front entrance. We are using paper copies of the waivers as to decrease contact with the laptop we normally have used. Please place the waivers in the box below the counter when finished and place the used pens in the brass goblet so that they may be sanitized after each use.
|Additional Info: |
• Classes will resume the second week of June at half capacity or less.
• Be respectful of others’ desire to remain socially distant.
• Strive to maintain a six-foot distance between you and others whenever possible.
• We require that you to wear a mask whenever possible and particularly when in the fabric room, sewing room, or when near others.
• If you are anything other than perfectly healthy, please stay home. If you are exhibiting symptoms of illness, you will be asked to leave as everyone is highly sensitive to the situation at the moment.
• If a member or guest is found to be purposefully disrespecting another member or guest’s desire to remain socially distant, that member will be asked to leave the space immediately.
|We Missed You|
Welcome each other back. It is great to have our members back in our space. Make has been working with some new organizations and partnerships to help with protecting the Nashville community from COVID-19 as makers and we are excited to share these efforts with you in our next newsletter. Because of this you will see some new faces, signage, and tools in our space.
Welcome familiar and unfamiliar faces to the space and share the things you’ve made or ideas you’ve had during the last few months with each other.
It’s time to get back to making—safely—and we couldn’t be more excited to welcome you back.
|Message from Will Harper:|
Thank you for your continued involvement in this community and for all of your help, ideas, and suggestions. It’s an honor to be able to serve you all and the community in this capacity and to be able to be at least a small part of your creative endeavors.
If you have any questions, concerns, or constructive criticism, please email me.
Looking forward to making with you again soon!